Transformers Studio Series The Matrix of Leadership Interactive Collectible from The The Movie, Lights and Sounds review

 22redone

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12 KJV

Aloha folks, I am back with another TF review. In came the life sized collector's item: The Matrix of Leadership. For something that was nearly $125, how does it fare? Let's find out and let's get started!

Boxing

01redone02redone03redone

04redone05redone06redone

07redone

So in a Amazon box came its original Hasbro box. Once opened, you get a nice portrait of Hot Rod becoming Rodimus Prime and is about to light the Autobot's darkest hour. The replica comes with a plastic stand. The Matrix is roughly over a feet length wise and just a little short of a foot width wise. 


08redone20redone09redone

10redone13redone14redone

15redone16redone17redone

18redone12redone19redone

This behemoth opens up smoothly and plays very simple. I would be careful of it since it is $125 and it was crafted very nicely. So you get two choices in how you want to turn this bad boy on. One is through a USB-C cable, which they don't provide, you must have your own. And you turn the front blue portion of the Matrix in one of the clock wise formats. A small shell pops open allowing you to install batteries in it (Double AA x3). You must need a screwdriver for this one. On the back of the Matrix is a switch that allows you to either switch it to USB or battery. 

And for this to work right, you can't have the Matrix expanded and then hoping to have the ball lit up. The Matrix will only lit up if you have the handles closed. I thought this was weird but it must be a safety mechanism of some sort. And then of course, you can pull the handles out and then "The Touch" song plays but only for a few seconds. It's not the whole song. One more sound byte I found so far in closed handle mode is that you can push this silver button on the back of the Matrix and it plays a quick sound byte of the scene where Optimus Prime first reveals the Matrix. 

So you got two methods I mentioned. Best method of carrying the Matrix around and lighting it up is to use AA batteries. Otherwise, you need a USB C cable. That's the best and ideal method to go for if you want the Matrix lighting up all night on your display stand. If you want to conserve batteries, just make sure you switch it to USB mode when you are done. And vice versa. 


Now Light our darkest hour

21redone 23redone 22redone          

Must I say anymore. This thing is huge indeed and a life size collectors item as mentioned. It's nicely made and definitely a must for anyone doing cosplay.

Conclusion


The Matrix is fairly heavy so I be careful for those who do purchase this. It is nice to have this life sized collector's item as mentioned. To a degree its a novelty, but just have fun with this is all I can say. Jesus loves you. Seek him today. 
         

Comments