Friday, June 2, 2017

Thank you Jesus for a good day in Oahu 6/2/17: Hawaii Loa Ridge Hike

The 2nd of 3 sister hikes have been conquered: Hawaii Loa Ridge! Another friend who is visiting from Washington state insisted that we do a hike so today we chose Hawaii Loa Ridge. This hiking ridge is in between Wiliwilinui ridge and Kuliouou, the latter which I completed a few weeks ago. So I will be making a few comparisons to Kuliouou. Without further delay, let's get started!

 


 


Hawaii Loa Ridge
 


 

First off, this trail takes place in Hawaii Loa territory, where there is a clean and rich community that resides within here. In order to gain access, you must have a valid State I.D., Drivers License, or Military I.D. No exceptions otherwise. If the requirements are fulfilled, You will get a pass and sign a form for you and your passenger(s) from a gate guard. You will reach the Hawaii water reservoir to your right after a mile or two of driving and then proceed to park on the right. Remember to display the pass on your dashboard. Also remember to return the pass to the gate guard after you are finished with the hike. Additionally, the passes are limited so good luck on whether you can get one or not if little or lots of people decide to hike here. Thank God we got one.

The first part of the trail is easy as you enter a mini pine forest and go through some rocky terrain. The views get better and better as you progress. Sadly, the last half becomes dreadful, though I didn't take pics, you will go through a steep forest (was wet so watch your step), an enclosed-like rocky area (was wet too), and more...... you guess it, Stairs! The amount of stairs overwhelms the Kuliouou branch. Not to mention, the hike also consists of multiple hills, so you are going up and down and vice versa when coming back as opposed to Kuliouou's switchbacks. There are some ropes in a few areas to assist with your trekking up or down. Use it or don't. That is my advice.

The summit:
 


 Hawaii Loa Ridge

 


Just do it!
The summit is much smaller than Kuliouou's. We were joined by a few people before and after but the views here are much nicer, imo, than Kuliouou's. You get to see a large pool/watershed of some sort and the Windward side on a larger scale. You even see Maunawili which is a good photo op. The only drawback for this day was that it was very cloudy. I also heard that this hike tends to be known as "hiking in the clouds." I had no such luck but thank God for the decent view.

Random pics and lunch

Hawaii Loa Fruits
Hawaii Loa Ridge
I told you there was stairs!



 


Hawaii Loa Arch
Hawaii Loa Arch?


Hawaii Loa Ridge Panoramic


 Lunch at Pieology and Uncle Clay's.

 

Food for refuel! And then Dessert! Dessert was a little too sweet but Oishi nonetheless. Oh, the Pizza was awesome as well. Anyhow, thank you for reading. As for the hike itself, it was more strenuous than Kuliouou. It's a good hike but I doubt I'll be coming back to do this again unless if it's with a group. The overall hike took nearly 3.5 hrs roundtrip. Wiliwilinui is next I guess? Thank you Jesus for a good day and allowing me and my friend G.I. to survive this trail. Laters folks.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13, NKJV. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Transformers: Titans Return Galvatron and Nucleon review.

Aloha folks, it has been a while since I popped an update. Today's review is the insane, feared 2nd leader of the Decepticons: Galvatron...