|Property of Sony pictures|
Monday, June 19, 2017
Resident Evil Vendetta quick review 6/19 one night in theaters
+ Leon and Chris are back and together and they form an unstoppable tag team (like most of you fans can't figure this out.)
+ The action is top notch; prior to the film there is a quick 10-15 documentary on how they filmed this movie using the extensive technique of motion capture. The action can be anywhere to awesome to incredibly insane; the Leon/dogs chase scene is one of them. Just over-the-top chase with a hilarious finish.
+ Leon's first meet up with Chris and Rebecca is a nice touch. If you went through what Leon did in his past history, you feel the same way as well. Glad to see the makers give him this personality.
+ Rebecca Chambers who have been long gone since Resident Evil Zero/Umbrella Chronicles makes her long awaited return.
+ CGI along with the action is getting more smoother and nicer as the series progress.
- Rebecca's long awaited return leads to her being nothing more than a damsel in distress though she does play a big vital role in stopping the outbreak virus in this film. She does kinda explain why she has become the character she is in the film ever since the Raccoon city incident.
- Story becomes a little predictable with little or no actual twists. Resident Evil Damnation, the previous film that serves as a gap in between Resident Evil 5 and 6 had a few. This one, especially the villain who goes by the name of Glen Arias doesn't surprise viewers much in why he is creating another world catastrophe. There is one part in the movie where he intends to keep Rebecca alive is already spoiled somewhere in his intro. Very predictable. You will see what I mean if you watch the film.
- Realists will find the action a little too far fetched. No surprise. Did you expect the protagonists to die here. Leon was hit by giant Tyrants in the previous film and he got up just fine. You expect here to be any different?
- You have to at least get the story of the games to understand this movie.
- You get a character that looks like Trish from the Devil may Cry series who doesn't get much development here though she appears to be important towards the end of the film.
- You also get the brutes (the enforcer type) villains who just so happen to be a staple of the RE series (Nemesis, Tyrants, El Gigantes, NDesu, and you feel my drift). Just no character development here again.
+/- In the final act, our heroes must rescue Rebecca, find a cure, fight the villain not once but twice, and a whole horde of Zombies within 20 minutes (yes, it is timed by Chris). Who wins that is up for you to guess but all of that in 20 minutes? That's movies for you.
+/-Also I miss Roger Craig Smith as the voice of Chris Redfield but oh well.
Yeah, this movie ain't perfect but it shows that Vendetta has come a long way since Degeneration. It's worth a watch especially for the fans of the games. I actually enjoyed it. Lot's of people actually turned out to watch it. I was amazed by that.
Sharkticons, execute them! Aloha and welcome to another Takara Tomy Legends review. I actually forgot to review this guy when I picked ...
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors Defensor aka Guardian UW-03 review part 2 of 2 New site: iamterenceho.blogspot.comProtectobots merge into Defensor!
Without delay, lets get started! Boxing and contents Looking good here. Wheelie is very difficult to fi...