Friday, May 19, 2017

Thank You Jesus for a good day in Alapena and Kapena Falls 5/19/17

Today in Hawaii-Nei, I decided to do a quick early morning hike in my neighborhood at Alapena and Kapena falls. For 17 years of my life, I never knew this waterfall hike existed close to my house. There are two routes to get here: one being the Nuuanu memorial park and mortuary route and the Pali highway in the back. I went through the first route. Now be advised, there is a sign before you get into the trail that tells you that there is no trespassing. Some people say to take this route but did not forewarn me about the sign prior to the hike. If you don't want to do this, then you can go the back route which I will provide details later. Once you enter the trail, it should look like this.

 

Hike up at this point and you will reach the first fall: Alapena Falls in a few minutes.

 Alapena Falls


Alapena Falls
 Alapena Falls

Hike to the right at this point and you will do a couple switchback (stream crossing) hiking till you reach:

Kapena Falls

Kapena Falls
With Shutter

 Kapena Falls

I took a few minutes to enjoy this beauty while some mosquitoes tried to sap my blood. Many people like to dive off the rock here. There is a path here to the right that leads to the freeway as I mentioned earlier. It is to your right and you can't miss it.


This is how the backside looks like and a few steps away is where you can park your car (scenic route), but beware I saw glass on the floor and according to some people online, people do break in cars here so be careful. Also, if you take this route, it leads you to Kapena Falls right away. So you would need to hike down to Alapena from this point which isn't tough at all. I actually walked the freeway back home so that concluded my morning hike. I thank God I didn't get hurt especially I am still feeling ill but I was sick and tired of being bedridden for this entire week. I got this passage today before I headed out and I thank Jesus for the inspiration. Laters folks.

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27 KJV


Updated *5/19/17  Howzitboyhikes found a upper trail which I didn't. You can seem to avoid all the stream crossings if that is your forte. It also brings you to the top of the falls easier. Oh well, maybe next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Transformers Takara Tomy Legends LG-45 Hot Rod(Hot Rodimus) and Firebolt targetmaster review

        More Hot Rod madness! Well, it ends here for now. This is the final Hot Rod review until I can get a Power of ...