Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Rewind and Nightbeat review LG-28

Aloha fans, we are back with another TF review, unfortunately I left the next insecticon at my brother's house during my staycation there. So now I am left to do a quick substitute until I reacquire the Fansproject figure. Today's feature is none other than Rewind, one the autobot cassettes created to combat Soundwave's Decepticon cassettes. Without haste, let's get started!

Boxing and contents.

 


 


 


 

Boxing is your standard Takara packaging with attributes and a comic book. I was confused by what was going on. But I found the synopsis page online nonetheless so here is the link:

Rewind

 


 


 

Rewind comes equip with a thin rifle which can be pegged to his right forearm or plugged on both hands. I love how he has his classic cassette look on his back but updated with icons such as the Wi-Fi bar, battery icon (he is down one bar), and familiar icons such as the Facebook icon that is shaped with letter T instead. His G1 inspired eyes looks alright. For once, I kinda do prefer the IDW Hasbro visor look. Anyhow, Rewind looks great here.



Nightbeat

 


 










The Rewind figure comes with a headmaster. What happy meal is complete without a toy, huh? Nightbeat looks nice. I don't know much on the character but I know for a fact he had a body in the comics so he is missing one here. Easy to transform and if you can't figure the transformation here than you should stop collecting TF figures.

Transform!

 


 


 


 













Rewind is apparently a triple changer now. I guess they had to up the stakes here because turning into a cassette isn't going to scare anyone anymore. His tank is a neat feature. Nothing that exciting but neat to have. You can stand up to two headmasters in his tank mode. His tank has one small wheel in the bottom for playing purposes. As for his cassette mode, it's a nice throwback to the 80's era. This was something United Rumble and Frenzy was missing. 

Special guest stars: Legends Blurr and Generations Springer

 

 


With Blurr's weapon










Nightbeat goes really great with Blurr. If Blurr ever lost his head, then Nightbeat be a really decent replacement. I'm not going to say much here but mix and match if you do own any of the headmaster/Titan returns figures.






Conclusion:

Another figure to complete for your G1 purposes. You can either go with the Hasbro or Takara in this one. The only real thing I guess the Takara version has over the Hasbro is his cartoon eyes which is minute at best. If you are on a budget, you should be ok with the Hasbro version. It is nice to have the headmaster with the figure so it's a two for one if that is any consolation for the Takara brand. Have a nice day folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog over!

Due to a medical illness, this blog is on hiatus probably forever. I do thank whoever came across this site to give me some views but I also...